Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fried Rice!

After a lot of trial and error. I finally got it. I know how to make chinese style fried rice - with or without egg. Here's the recipe without egg.

Vegetables - Green beans, peas, cabbage and carrots (all cut in small pieces).
Rice - I just used regular basmati rice - cook it with less water so its not very sticky and separates easily.
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking (I use canola oil)




Stir fry the veggies together - keep them crunchy -



Add salt and add the cooked rice. Mix everything together and thats it. The rice is ready. Serve hot with any chinese entree.

2 comments:

Divs said...

Wow Jyo - great to have you back in the blogger world again. Reeallly nice pics and great job with the recipes too. Do keep up with it so we keep in touch via each other's blogs after this month :-)

Jyoti said...

Thanks Div... you inspired me to resume my blog :). I was planning to send an email after I did some more work on it... but you are ahead of the game... it was nice of you to leave a comment.